Thursday 9 January 2014

WHAT DO YOU REPEATEDLY DO?

DO YOU OWN YOUR ITEMS, or have they overpowered you and now own you and your life?

This is the time of year where many people readjust and have a huge sense of euphoric energy to go fourth and make changes!   Now that I have your attention while in that state of mind consider this, look at your spaces that you function in, be it at home, your bedroom, your work or home office, your kitchen, your stationary drawer...where ever it is that resonates with you; Would you say that it reflects what your frame of mind currently is or shows how you tend to things in your life?

Many of us feel a sense of loss of control at times, no matter how on time or organized our general schedule is, things can seem to get out of hand and spiral downwards pulling us down with it.

I have always kept things 'neat'.  I used to be OCD about things having to be in a specific spot and have it all cleared and tidy before I left the room or space I was in, until I learned to let loose a little and not get so uptight (save myself from a self-induced heart attack someday or high blood pressure!).

It was time for me to organize my life to see what works best so that I may fully benefit those I work for down the road.

I started with these 3 drawers...


I knew where everything was, I rarely needed to use these daily so NO BIG DEAL...until I realized it was a true reflection of my state of mind and a clear example of how I lead my life.  Everything seems fine on the surface, but when you get into the compartments, chaos rules the day.

Don't get me wrong, just because you have a few messy spots here and there does not mean your life is in shambles so start panicking...I am no psychiatrist, I simply resonate with being able to maintain clarity of all aspects of my life even if its as simple as a few drawers.  I do believe that saying 'We are what we repeatedly do.'

I am committed to paying attention to the details, paying attention with a calm collected awareness is much different from obsessing, do not get these confused.

I went through and created a system to made sense to me and is a constant reminder of how I should approach even the smallest details in my life, with care, clarity and control.  People who use feelings and or emotions to excuse their reactions or behaviour are denying themselves of taking responsibility of themselves.  I can say this, because I did just that for many years.

Now, I can enjoy being responsible for my surroundings...and being responsible for how I impact others and how they perceive me.

Professional organizing is more than simply moving items around for a few hours and collecting a pay check.

I am all about empowering others to seek and achieve clarity, to be in control of their lives to the smallest details so that they may be free to LIVE instead of being stuck in 'survival' mode.

The less time we need to focus on only ourselves, the more time we can touch and inspire those around us and contribute to others.  So I am dedicated to help one at a time achieve peace of mind so they may be fully present with their loved ones and in all they do, so we benefit from them being their beautiful selves.

I look forward to this new found sense of responsibility not only to myself, but fellow humans.  As I said before, we are all in this together...lets help make it more enjoyable for each other...one area of clutter at a time.

I am what I repeatedly do, I am open to growth and never too proud to consider looking inside as opposed to pointing fingers.  I am conscious of having much to learn and develop, and I seek to share my sense of peace with those who struggle finding or creating it for themselves.  I also have breakdowns that as history shows, held me back a few months each time I fell, but am creating a new pattern for myself to practice so what I repeatedly do is grow stronger and more efficient.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment