Saturday 11 January 2014

HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT I'VE SEEN?

There are moments in our lives that are not meant to be photographed and framed on a wall, the modern days obsession of everything being posted and shared has left people forgetting to simply enjoy the beauty of a moment.  Allow your memory to frame a snapshot in your heart and mind and travel back as you tell the story to another human, reliving the experience all over and sharing it with another.

This post, I do not have any photos, I do have a wonderful moment to share with you all.  The journey to discover my passion for organizing is one of a few different trials and tribulations, one of those being exploring cleaning houses and babysitting combined.

Two months ago I took on a job that was at first focused on cleaning and odd babysitting, and let me tell you, it was truly an eye opener to never purchase a large home.  The amount of crevices and unreachable spaces and endless streams of flooring and textures to wipe was overwhelming and single handedly demolished my space of zen when I clean.  It was 'wiped' away (yes, amazing pun I KNOW!)

What is significant about this job was the woman who hired me.  I recall her hollow eyes searching for relief and her comments each daggers thrown at her circumstances, lost in the abyss of life's turmoils.  Having lost a twin, with three spirited beautiful children to be mother to and a gentle husband to fulfill a wife's duties to and balance her artistic form...it was no secret a part of her soul was clouded over.  There was a moment shared between us that told me, "this is how you can warm people's hearts, this is your opportunity."

I mentioned several times that I could help give things proper homes and regain a sense of order as I figured it would ease her mind...so began the adventure of cleaning out and rearranging the pantry.  By the end of the day the pantry had become her favourite room (really a spacious closet) that she was protective of as her new area of peace.  Eyes glowing and a smile on her face foreign to my vision up until this point, we embraced each other and she thanked me with a sigh of relief.  When I next arrived, she had moved mountains and was so excited to show me what she had pulled out, completed and started, and the boxes of things to donate had exploded onto the front porch.

The next few weeks I hauled shelves and books, restaged artwork about the house, revamped the kitchen, man cave and storage rooms I attacked with a vengeance.  I enjoyed the work immensely and she encouraged me to pursue my talent and love for organizing claiming the undeniable demand.  She was already such an inspiration to me, a woman of many talents and the ability to take on the world, learn different religions and run a household...and I tell you, the creativity oozing from her mind and fingers in all the crafts and projects she brought to life bring a smile to my face just thinking about her.  It was my honour to have such an established and warm woman believe in my abilities and support me in developing them further.

What I have is not a collage of photos of all the areas of her humble home and each detail, I have something much more valuable and that is a moment etched in my memory of contributing life back into her.  Being able to be a clearing for her to embrace excitement in her home again and part those clouds rumbling over her soul was reason enough for me to do what I had to do to make this passion a profession.

I invite you to see what I have seen, for when you relieve someone of their suffering by tending to their needs, even if they couldn't pin point it...you will be one huge step closer to clarity in your life, just as I now am.


No comments:

Post a Comment