Thursday 9 January 2014

GET REFRESHED & PRISTINE WITH THE ORGANIZING QUEEN!



I am guilty of taking for granted how easy it is for me to keep order in my surroundings.  It wasn't until I started working as a professional organizer did I really gain an appreciation for how lucky I am that my brain can manage and maintain systems that function and flow.

There are levels of extremity, from a few drawers overflowing with random items, to rooms with boxes and items stacked floor to ceiling barricading the door for any entry.

Have you considered creating a clutter-free atmosphere all around you whether at home or your office but simply haven't bothered or never really thought about it because it is stressful or overwhelming?  Perhaps a clean-up and revamping is all you need, not a new house or new items to fill a gap...perhaps it is about time you paid attention to what you value most, and why...your attachments to all your materialistic items that you will one day not be able to take with you.  Is it time for you to own your space and not have it all consume you?

Ask yourself a few questions:
  1. Do I have any areas that are chaotic or a mess?
  2. Is this an area I can clear on my own or will I move one pile into another and go in circles?
  3. Could I possibly have a space like those magazines, the ones that flow and cause that exhale of comfort and relief upon simply seeing it on paper?
  4. Am I willing to progress towards letting go of items I have hung on to for ages - items I feel guilty giving away or throwing out because they were a gift or once very sentimental?
  5. Does my space define me?
  6. Does my space comfort me and allow ease of breathing?
  7. How much longer am I willing to live with disorder in closets and crevices?
  8. How many more times am I willing to search in a frenzy for items that are thrown into random places?
  9. Am I willing to take control of my surroundings and create a space of beauty and functionality?
  10. Can I take responsibility and create a system that works for me, with a little direction and assistance?
It is a pleasure to instill calm into the lives of those around me.  Here is one example of many to come!  

No real order for anything simply items sprawled amidst the floors in piles.




 Using shelving from the closet beside the bed, purchasing a few white organizer bins and refreshing the soul with new matching bedding gave this room a sense of home and comfort.  Using what you already have is a great way to go, but even on a budget you can create a space that you can call home with a few minimal items.

A small closet can easily get overwhelming, being realistic about what you actually use or don't is a huge step, you'd be surprised how much room you really have!  Investing in sturdy matching hangers allows a sense of calm despite the numerous items hanging.

This project took 5 hours, including the trip to the store to purchase the organizers and bedding.  It doesn't take much but as my girlfriend stated, "I would never have been able to do it on my own, I would have kept everything and gotten no where by picking one thing, putting it down, then picking up another thing and putting it no where useful only to eventually give up and quit!"  That's what I am for!

All in a days work!  There is nothing like the glow on the face of another human being and seeing that peace of mind and ease as they sit in their new space.  I don't know about you, but nothing brings me more joy than to accomplish a project that makes me happy via creating a space to make another human being happy.

Stay tuned, I will show you a great way to organize those drawers that seem to explode with the most random items!


2 comments: